ASSEMBLY AND BAKING
6. Line a 9 inches pie plate with bottom crust; trim even with edge.
Use a fork to poke holes on the bottom crust.
7. Pour the cooled filling on the chilled pie crust. Make sure that the coconut flesh is evenly distributed.
8. Unroll the second crust dough to cover the top of the pie. Cut the excess from the edges, and pinch the sides to seal together with the crust.
9. Use a fork to poke holes on top crust to serve as vents for the steam while baking.
10. Bake at 220 C for 10 minutes.
11. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
12. Remove the pie from oven and brush the top with the egg wash.
13. Lower the temperature to 170 C and bake for another 30 – 40 minutes.
14. Remove pie from oven and let cool down for the filling to set. Serve slightly warm.