Here is a festive Well’B Coconut Flesh recipe: Choy “Yeh” Wontons! Wrapped, Crunchy and Crusty, they are so fancy!
1. Julienne coconut flesh and sengkuang.
2. Dice spring onions and carrots.
3. In a bowl, mix all filling ingredients. Stir to combine well.
4. To wrap the wontons, lay a piece of wonton skin on your palm. Use your finger to wet the whole skin.
5. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the middle of the skin.
6. Fold up to form a triangle and pinch the edges to seal tight.
7. Pull the two corners of the triangle down so one overlaps the other, pinch and seal with some water.
8. Heat up some oil for deep-frying. Once the oil is fully heated, deep fry the wontons until golden brown. Drain the excess oil over a sieve.
9. Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce or Thai sweet chili sauce.